Monday, January 21, 2008

Linsen & Spaetzle (lentils & spaetzle)

What a great day for one of my favorite Swabian dishes Linsen und Spaetzle. Temperatures are freezing...the news called it the "arctic blast". For PDX it is, but are 35 F (during the day) really arctic temps?! I guess that discussion should be left for another blog :)

OK - so cold temperatures...what a great day for Linsen und Spaetzle. I bought the Wieners today from Otto's. They are a little different to the ones from Edelweiss, and the ones I know from home. They are actually smoked, shorter in size, and turned out really, really good in the lentils. A little different twist. In the future I think that I will use the Wieners from Edelweiss again for Linsen.

As for the Spaetzle, I could not find the press so I ended up scratching some from a board by hand into the boiling water. That, took a little longer than anticipated :)

Last word on this topic...the family also loved this meal, and its great leftovers...

No comments: