Wednesday, June 25, 2008

German Speakers in PDX...

Its been my topic a couple of times already. Amazing how many German speakers live in greater PDX. And it seems that it is so easy to meet when you have kids. Last Monday we took a field trip from SE PDX to the great Oregon Zoo (oh yes, it is a fantastic Zoo - if you have never been there it is so worth the trip). Monday was one of those days where it just took me forever to get ready. On our trip through the city we saw a black Mustang and attached to the Mustang was a German Flag. So there was one other person in PDX who is also interested in the European Soccer Championship. I would love to watch the final game, but unfortunately do not have access ;). I don't think that I have ever seen anyone driving around with a German flag attached to their car in the 15 years I have lived in the United States. So that was the first meeting by chance (even so we really never met)...

At the Zoo we ended up meeting an Austrian woman with her kids who also live in PDX. We did have a lot of fun at the Zoo,k and yes all of us spoke German the entire time :)

No comments: