Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pancakes for dinner...really I am not kidding...

So this is what happened on Monday...a hungry family and we had not gone grocery shopping. Yikes! Good thing we had three eggs, flour, soy milk, salad & herbs in the yard. No, we did not make scrambled eggs for dinner (now that would not be my favorite), but I remembered that pancakes can make a fantastic meal. So instead of sugar, I used salt, added herbs from the garden, made a nice green salad...Voila dinner was ready. I think my husband was not so excited upon hearing that I was making pancakes for dinner...but you know what, he did like it. And the kids? Wow - and I do mean WOW with a German "w" :) both of them LOVED it.

Does it seem silly? Let me know what you think. You would like the recipe? No problem, just let me know. Have a great rest of the day...oh and tonight there it will be just plain old chicken. Nothing exciting :)

No comments: