Monday, August 11, 2008

Germans on Mount Hood...

This weekend we are spending in Government Camp. Saturday we drove up to Mount Hood and Timberline Lodge. German friends of ours came along and we took a short little walk around Timberline Lodge. On our walk we ran into another German which I just recently met. She was showing off the mountain to a friend who was visiting from Germany.

Isn't it amazing that you meet people you know outside of town? Really amazing to me...I do not remember ever meeting people we knew by accident either in Chicago, or in the outlying areas.

We ate dinner at the restaurant of Timberline Lodge and there was another German couple. Later I hung out with our girls in the lodge area where we met another German/American family. I know I keep repeating myself but it is just amazing how many Germans are in Portland, and Oregon.

No comments: