Friday, August 29, 2008

Laugenstangen a.k.a. Pretzelbread in SE PDX

A new bakery has opened this summer in SE PDX. The bakery been started by the former head baker of the Pearl Bakery. Its name is the "little t baker" and yesterday I stopped by for the very first time. From the car I saw that they carry Laugenstangen a.k.a. Pretzelbread. Wow - I have never had these in the States and seeing them on display caused me to immediately pull over and park. The Laugenstange was absolutely delicious. Not quite as crusty as I am used to at home, but really, really good.

So, if you miss Germany just so much that you need a good Laugenstange head on over to the "little t baker" located on 2600 SE Division Street in SE PDX. There is also coffee, and of course bread, etc. I cannot talk about the bread, croissants, or others as I have not tried them. There is also a web-site check it out at http://www.littletbaker.com/.

Enjoy!

No comments: