Friday, November 28, 2008

A perfect Thanksgiving dinner


It is the day after Thanksgiving and I am sure everyone is still feeling full :) The turkey we had yesterday must have been the BEST turkey I have ever had. One confession here, I am not really a turkey lover but this fantastic. Ron put the bird in a brind; it turned out nice and juicy not the least bit dry.

I have to confess to a few mishaps so...for starters I attempted to make rolls. Attempt is the right choice of word. I made the dough and let it rest. A couple of hours later I made the rolls, let them rest, and put them in the oven. Well, I must admit, they did not rise and were the sorriest little rolls I have ever seen :).

Our next mishap was with the turkey. So we all know a turkey has giblets as well as a neck in its cavity. Well, we found the neck and looked all over (as we thought) for the giblets. This bird must have come without them I thought...Well, we took at the bird after three hours and what did we see poking out at the bottom. Yup, you guess right the bag with the giblets :) Thankfully it was all intact. Bird was still delicious. But can you believe this!!!!

We sat down with all of our sides. Bird, gravy, mashed potatoes, yams, brussels sprouts, cranberries...everyone started to eat until our friend asked "So you decided not to make stuffing after all?". Well, the stuffing was all made and waiting to be baked in the fridge. I forgot to bake it!!! Good thing it only takes 3o minutes to bake.

This was the most wonderful Thanksgiving and we have stories to tell about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lecker scmecker ;o)