Sunday, November 23, 2008

Schwaebischer Kartoffelsalat - Swabian Potato Salad

My entire family loves Kartoffelsalat (Potato Salad) this is also a great crowd pleaser, and everyone loved it at the B-day Party yesterday. Here is my recipe - sorry units are metric:-

1 kg Potato's - I generally use Russets
1 large onion
250 ml vegetable, or beef broth
1 bunch Parsley - this is not an absolute must...
5 TBL Oil - I think I usually use a little less oil
5 TBL Vinegar - I like white wine vinegar

1. Boil potatoes in their skins until soft
2. Peel and chop onion into fine squares
3. Drain potatoes, once they have cooled off peel, and slice thinly
4. If using, chop parsley fine
5. Put onions, sliced potatoes, and parsley into a bow
6. Heat up the broth, and pour hot broth over onions, potatoes, and parsley
7. Cover and leave for at least an hour (the longer you leave it the better it gets)
8. Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. I like my potato salad more on the vinegary side...

Enjoy everyone....Let me know if you like the recipe.

No comments: