Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day...

The kids spent much of Christmas Day playing with their new toys. I spent almost 1-1/2 hours putting together the Playmobil Horse Farm Santa Claus brought Alena. That was quite tedious work...I have never put together any model so this was my first. Let me tell you it looks great!!! But it really did take me over 1-1/2 hours. Totally worth it so, because Alena LOVES it.

The rest of the day was spent, well you guessed it, cooking. The stuffing, and cabbage was made but we still needed to roast the goose, make the gravy, and the Kartoffelkloesse (potato dumplings). I stuffed the goose while Ron seared it, and roasted it for over 3 hours in the oven. It turned out FANTASTIC! The dumplings turned out the best ever. They did not fall apart, were not mushy, just turned out great. What a great day we all had...I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: