Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow & Gluehwein

My shopping adventure was great. Snow everywhere, very few cars, and buses still did run. I just read that Multnomah County (PDX County) declared a state of Emergency today. Look at the new video from KATU news http://www.katu.com/news/36269429.html click on Video...

I have to say that I like this weather. The girls played out in the snow, and Ron walked down to Hawthorne. People were out on cross country skies, snow shoes, etc. - This weather calls for Gluehwein. I just made my very first batch. I confess, that I never made it myself before. We have a fire going, the tree looks beautiful and the Gluehwein...well it just smells delicious :) Here is how I made it

1 bottle red wine
2 cinnamon sticks
Juice of 1 orange
Peel off one orange
1/4 cup of sugar (or a little more to taste)
a few cloves

- Put it all together on the stove and let simmer for about 20 - 30 minutes.

Enjoy on a cold winter night :)

No comments: