Monday, December 22, 2008

We are totally SNOWED IN...yes, you are reading correctly this is Portland, Oregon...

It snowed most of last night, and it is snowing again this morning. Our street has not been plowed in days, our footprints in the yard are long gone and covered with new snow. Honestly I have not experienced ANYTHING like this since leaving Chicago and there I only experienced one great big snowstorm. I do not recall having EVER experienced anything like this in Germany. WOW...It sure is pretty, but there is no way we can leave the house with the car. Chains are now required in the ENTIRE Portland metro area, Lufthansa has cancelled their flight into PDX, and I am quite sure (but please do not quote me on this one) will also be cancelling the flight to SeaTac. I-84 the major highway connecting us to everyone else in the Eastern States is indefinitely shut between Troutdale and Hood River. I cannot stop saying WOW...Check this news video out, when you click on the link, click on "Video" http://www.katu.com/news/36269429.html.

As for us, we are still good on food but Christmas is this week so I need to get some stuff. I just called New Seasons and they are open. I will put on my snow pants, two pairs of socks, my thick winter coat (thanks to living in the Midwest), and make my trek out to Division Street. I am hoping that the #4 bus will run to take me down to the store. And yes, I have already called the store New Seasons Seven Corners is open. If worst comes to worst, I will just walk to the store. Good thing we live in the city. I will keep you all posted on my adventure...

No comments: