Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve...we are finally thawing out

Back to normal PDX weather. Well, not quite it snowed again this morning and it now has been raining most of the afternoon. Snow is obviously melting but we had over a foot of snow so I am sure that it will stick for today. Truth be said, I was hoping that it would snow throughout the day today. Just until tomorrow, and then I can be done with snow. I should not complain as we are certainly having a white Christmas.

We have decided to stay in tonight as the roads are so slush, and Ron thinks that they may be freezing. So no mass tonight. I read the Christmas story to the girls earlier today and also made some more cookies. For tomorrow I made the stuffing, and yesterday I already made the red cabbage. I do not feel as prepared as other years so...wonder what I may be forgetting. Oh well, it will be a great evening. The Fleischkaese will be done in a little while, the Kartolffelsalat (potato salad) is done, Gluehwein is on the stove, and presents are prepared...Merry Christmas to all.

P.S.: I will be posting the pictures of the snow yet...

No comments: