Friday, July 4, 2008

Where are all the German women?

I said it before, when I moved to PDX from Chicago I thought well here goes my German connection. No German will be in PDX...as I said before I never knew this many Germans in Chicago. And certainly never had this much fun while speaking my native tongue...

The other day I went into a store with my youngest daughter. She was holding a book. The store owner said to me "Oh, your daughter is holding German book"...and just as I was going on to explain that I only speak German with my children, the woman talks back to me in perfect German...We are really everywhere here in PDX. It is so fantastic.

Last night a bunch of us went out to dinner to Andina downtown PDX. We had so much fun and actually were seated in our own separate room. Wow!!! That was really, really awesome...in any case we had great service and as it turns one of the servers spoke German as well. You see, you never know...we are everywhere ;)

Happy 4th of July to everyone...

No comments: